ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL
ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL (EDC) of this college was established on its own initiative in the year 2014 . This will open gates for creation of new knowledge-based innovative hi-tech ventures, industries and new breed of technopreneurs and more avenues of employment opportunities thus turning job seekers into job creators and in the process, leading the nation towards industrial excellence and self-reliance.
The objective of this cell is to develop spirit of Entrepreneurship among the students. Activities of this cell includes Creating Awareness Programmes, Mentoring Students, Assisting in getting financial support for Startups.
- 1. To foster better linkages between the Parent Institution, Industries and R&D institutions in the region and other related organizations engaged in promoting Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) including NGOs and other Voluntary Organizations.
- 2. To catalyze and promote development of S&T based Enterprises and promote employment opportunities.
- 3. To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level relating to SMEs and Micro Enterprises.
- 4. To create awareness on entrepreneurship among the students.
- 5. To inculcate entrepreneurial spirit and culture among the Science graduates and post graduates.
- 6. To conduct programs in Entrepreneurship enabling skills.
- 7. To conduct skill industrial development training programs with updated technologies.
- 8. To provide need-based consultancy services to industries.
- 9. To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information to budding student entrepreneurs.
- 10. To create Entrepreneurial culture in the Parent Institution and other institutions in the region and to promote the objectives, including programmes related to women and weaker sections of the society.